On Thursday, July 26, at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT, Akamai is organising a webinar on the state of the internet / security and web attacks.
According to Akamai, internet security attacks continue to evolve, and the first half of 2018 proved that attackers’ ingenuity never rests. New vectors are being discovered and new vulnerabilities exposed and exploited, leading to attack strategies that are more disruptive than ever before.
Akamai will provide the latest information on trends and statistics, and real-world stories from Akamai’s Summer 2018 State of the Internet / Security Report.
- Details of the February 2018 memcached reflector attack that set a new record for the largest attack Akamai has mitigated to date;
- Emerging trends in DDoS attack sizes and how it’s critical that organizations prepare now for large-scale attacks;
- How some DDoS attacks are employing unusual tactics to increase effectiveness, including the emergence of intelligent, adaptive enemies who change tactics to overcome the defenses in their way;
- How Operation Power Off successfully shut down Webstresser, a major player in the DDoS-for-hire marketplace … and the very real possibility that more DDoS-for-hire sites will be popping up soon;
- A deep dive into bots and credential abusers targeting the hospitality industry, which has seen an extremely high percentage of malicious logins;