Google updated this month the Google Tag Manager Terms of service to be compliant with the GDPR. In the new terms, Google says the advertiser or publisher using GTM is responsible for collecting the consent of the users.
- the Google Analytics Terms of Service located at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html,
- the agreement between You and DoubleClick that is in effect during the dates that You are participating in the Service, and
- the Google Inc. Advertising Program Terms (or, if applicable, as negotiated).
If You have 3rd Party Tags delivered through the Service:
- Google is not responsible for 3rd Party Tags.
- Google may screen such 3rd Party Tags to ensure compliance with this GTM Use Policy.
- You guarantee that You have the rights to upload the 3rd Party Tags.
- You agree not to, and not to allow third parties to use the Service or interfaces provided with the Service:
- to engage in or promote any unlawful, infringing, defamatory or otherwise harmful activity;
- to disable, interfere with or circumvent any aspect of the Service;
- to upload any data to Google Tag Manager that personally identifies an individual (such as a name, email address or billing information), or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Google, or to access any other Google product or service in a manner that violates their respective terms.”