Google began a partnership with Sephora at the beginning of the month, making Google Home Hub available in 10 Sephora Flagship stores in the US. Sephora, on their side, have tutorials that help users to ace their look, hands-free, with help from Sephora.
Google says that over 81 million how-to related beauty searches happened on YouTube in the last year, and makeup tutorials are popular. Now, users can watch Sephora’s entire catalog of beauty how-to videos, hands-free, on Google Home Hub.
To activate Sephora’s tutorials, users have to say “Hey Google, play contouring videos by Sephora,” (you can swap out “contouring videos” for whatever makeup technique you’d like to see). From there, users are able to use their voice to pause the video, skip ahead for any length of time, or go back, in case they need to see a crucial step again.
Other examples of voice search:
- “Hey Google, play get ready with me eyebrow tutorial by Sephora.”
- “Hey Google, play everyday contour tutorial from Sephora.”
- ”Hey Google, show me a smokey eyes video from Sephora.”
- “Hey Google, show me foundation tips videos from Sephora.”
- “Hey Google, show me bold lip color videos by Sephora.”
The flagship Sephora stores with Google Home Hub
- Prudential Center in Boston
- Michigan Avenue in Chicago
- North Park in Dallas
- Century City and Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles
- 34th Street and Union Square in New York City
- South Coast Plaza in Orange County
- Powell Street in San Francisco,
- Valley Fair in San Jose