Google this week announced that will introduce CTA (call-to-action overlays) on YouTube bumper and non-skippable ads. Call-to-action overlays enable advertisers to display an interactive element helping to drive clicks.
Call-to-action overlays were currently available for TrueView ads, and Google says that soon will be available for bumper and non-skippable ads.
The specs for YouTube CTAs are:
- CTA text: 1 line with up to 10 characters
- Headline text: 1 line with up to 15 characters
- Display URL: The URL displayed to the users on the overlay
- Landing page: The URL to which the overlay links. Can be a redirect and/or link to an external site.
- Thumbnail: Auto-generated from the YouTube channel’s icon
CTAs are required for TrueView for action campaigns, but optional for brand campaigns.