Microsoft Advertising and InMobi yesterday announced the expansion of their collaboration to to clients in Mainland China. Marketers in China will now be able to use search and native display features of Microsoft Advertising via InMobi.
Microsoft says the expansion of the partnership with InMobi builds on an existing collaboration between Microsoft and InMobi, which started in July 2018 and has since been extended to include Microsoft Advertising's solutions across nearly 75 countries and regions, including India, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Under the expanded partnership, InMobi will assist Microsoft Advertising with enterprise and strategic sales, account management, marketing, finance, collection, and billing for customers in Mainland China.
"We're thrilled about the expanded collaboration between Microsoft Advertising and InMobi," said Rohit Dosi, VP and GM for Microsoft Advertising at InMobi. "This is set to provide regional marketers with the tools to create a seamless brand experience for consumers by integrating the strengths of both search and native display platforms."
"With over a decade of successful operations in China's advertising market, InMobi is uniquely positioned to introduce the excellence of Microsoft Advertising to marketers in China," he added.
Charlie Liang, GM of InMobi China and SVP of InMobi Group, said: "This extended collaboration between Microsoft Advertising and InMobi in China will bring the best value across both organizations to marketers in the region, given China's highly competitive advertising environment."
"InMobi China is well positioned to bring the best experience to advertisers with a deep understanding of China's search and display ad markets, a customer-oriented product and business operation team, and Microsoft Advertising's cutting-edge solutions," he added.
Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Dr. Qi Zhang, said: "Microsoft Advertising is happy to expand its ongoing relationship with InMobi to one of the biggest markets across the world. Microsoft is committed to offer China's marketers integrated solutions that combine the best of search and display enhanced by the power of AI. Combined with InMobi's expertise in the advertising ecosystem and client relationships, we'll provide trusted solutions for advertisers in China."
InMobi is provider of marketing and monetization technologies for mobile devices. It was founded in 2007 under the name mKhoj, and rebranded to InMobi in 2008. InMobi's technology platform enables brands, developers, and publishers to reach their target audiences across a variety of mobile devices and apps.
InMobi offers a suite of products and services, including:
- Mobile advertising platform: InMobi's mobile advertising platform allows advertisers to reach their target audiences across a variety of mobile devices and apps.
- Monetization platform: InMobi's monetization platform helps publishers to monetize their mobile apps through advertising.
- Data platform: InMobi's data platform provides advertisers and publishers with insights into mobile user behavior.
InMobi has offices in over 30 countries and has a reach of over 2 billion mobile devices globally.
Key milestones in InMobi's history
- 2007: InMobi is founded as mKhoj, an SMS-based search and monetization business.
- 2008: InMobi rebrands to InMobi and focuses on mobile advertising.
- 2011: InMobi becomes the first Indian unicorn startup company.
- 2014: InMobi launches the world's first programmatic mobile advertising exchange.
- 2018: InMobi expands its collaboration with Microsoft Advertising to include Microsoft Advertising's solutions across nearly 75 countries and regions.
- 2023: InMobi expands its collaboration with Microsoft Advertising to Mainland China.