Netflix is investing in French content and last month announced three new French series and the acquisition of four new French films and documentaries. All titles will be available in over 190 countries where Netflix is available.
“We are delighted to announce today three new French series – a witty comedy about friends, familyErik Barmack, Vice President of International Originals at Netflix
,and weed; a psychological horror series; and a modern, coming of age vampire tale in Paris – for our French and Global audience to enjoy. Each project involves such talented French storytellers and producers that we are thrilled to be working on what promises to be very exciting times to come”
The new 7
French titles on Netflix
- FAMILY BUSINESS (working title) Family Business is a half-hour comedy about a young man who recruits his best friends to help save his family’s business, by transforming their butcher shop into France’s first coffee shop. Created and developed by Igor Gotesman. Produced by Les Films du Kiosque and Five Dogs.
- MARIANNE Emma, an acerbic young novelist discovers the terrifying characters she writes in her bestselling series of horror novels, might also be living in the real world. Created and directed by Samuel Bodin. Written by Samuel Bodin and Quoc Dang Tran. Produced by Empreinte Digitale and Federation.
- UPCOMING SERIES ADAPTED FROM THE BOOK “VAMPIRES” BY THIERRY JONQUET When a young rebellious teenage girl is faced with her inevitable change, becoming a vampire, her overly protective mother engages her estranged siblings in a race to find a cure. Created for television and written by Benjamin Dupas and Isaure Pisani-Ferry.
- BANLIEUSARDS Noumouké, 15 years old, the youngest of three brothers from a sensitive suburb of Paris must choose which of his two brothers’ footsteps he wants to follow. Directed by Leila Sy and Kery James and Written by Kery James. French Line
Producers:Les films Velvet, SrabFilms. Casting includes Jammeh Diangana, Kery James, Bakary Diombera
- LA GRANDE CLASSE Two best friends from a small town, now uber-Parisians, decide to return to their hometown for a high school reunion with a secret agenda: take revenge on their former bullies and come to terms with their teenage crush. Written and directed by Remy Four and Julien War. Produced by 2425 Films. Casting includes Jerome Niel and Ludovik.
- SOLIDARITE To give voice to ordinary #heros – or extraordinary humans – this documentary film follows the destinies of 5 men and women who are symbols of resilience and bearer of hope in humanity. Written and directed by Stephane de Freitas (“A
voix haute”). Produced by Valdes, Wagram Films. Casting includes Panmela, Tamara, Broulaye, Mara, Fofo.
- PARIS EST UNE FETE (Working title). Initiated through a crowdfunded campaign that gained viral buzz, Paris est
unefete (working title) is a real-time French love story shot over 3-years on the streets of Paris, without any permits, amidst the crowds – at in a city scarred by terror attacks and social upheavals. Directed by Elisabeth Vogler and written by Elisabeth Vogler, Remi Bassaler, Paul Saisset. Produced by 21 juincinema, French Lab Agency andLes Idiots. Casting includes Noémie Schmidt, Grégoire Isvarine and Lou Castel.