Meta this week announced it is expanding its use of AI across its apps, including Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp.
- New features for Meta AI: Meta AI is a virtual assistant that can be used to answer questions, generate photorealistic images, and more. Meta is making it more helpful and adding new features, such as the ability to create and riff on images with friends.
- Invisible watermarking for AI-generated images: Meta is adding invisible watermarking to the imagine with Meta AI experience to increase transparency and traceability. This will help to ensure that people know when an image is AI-generated.
- Reimagine feature: Meta is adding a new feature called reimagine to Meta AI on Messenger and Instagram.This feature will allow friends to riff on each other's images by adding simple text prompts.
- Reels integration with Meta AI: Meta is starting to roll out Reels in Meta AI chats. This will allow people to discover new content and connect with creators through Reels.
- AI-powered tools for creators: Meta is testing AI-powered tools for creators, such as suggested replies in DMs, to help them work more efficiently and connect with their community.
- New standalone experience for imagine with Meta AI: Meta is expanding access to imagine with Meta AI to the web. This will allow people to create images with technology from Emu, Meta's image foundation model.