Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) this month announced the worldwide expansion of its premium digital video advertising platform, "EyeQ." This expansion signifies a major leap forward in the digital media landscape, offering regional and multinational marketers access to Paramount's content portfolio, including entertainment, news, and sports, all in one solution.
EyeQ's global expansion is driven by Paramount's streaming momentum and sets the stage for a new era in digital video advertising. Paramount's fast-growing streaming service, Pluto TV, will play a pivotal role in EyeQ's international debut, as it continues to expand its footprint across four continents and over 35 territories. Furthermore, the introduction of a Paramount+ ad tier in select international markets, such as Australia and Canada in 2024, will further boost EyeQ's ad-supported reach.
Paramount+ is currently available in the following countries:
- Americas: United States, Canada, Latin America
- Europe: France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, United Kingdom, Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
- Asia: Australia, South Korea
Paramount+ is scheduled to launch in India in 2023.
"The launch of EyeQ was a game-changer, bringing unprecedented simplicity, efficiency, and scale to the premium, ad-supported video marketplace," stated John Halley, President of Paramount Advertising. "We're excited to deliver this proven formula to partners around the world under a global streaming advertising strategy that will play in more markets than ever before and serve as a catalyst for Paramount's next stage of growth."
"The international expansion of our industry-leading premium video platform underscores Paramount's continued commitment to our clients," said Lee Sears, Executive Vice President, Head of International Advertising Sales and Integrated Marketing for Paramount. "xfoint of entry and providing a direct way for advertisers to buy across all of Paramount's digital content. With unified scale, measurement, and delivery, coupled with access to our global IP, we are now Paramount Global not just in name but also in advertising capabilities."
EyeQ is built on top of Freewheel and incorporates Paramount's internally-developed identity management service and programmatic platform, Conduit. This comprehensive platform offers advertising partners:
- Single, multi-market or global campaign executions across Paramount's premium digital inventory, all in one place.
- Content segments, allowing advertisers to verticalize spend under scaled content categories, including the best in entertainment and kids programming.
- Bespoke creative solutions to address clients' marketing needs through Paramount Brand Studio.
- Comprehensive identity, targeting, and measurement capabilities that combine first-party Paramount data with data from local third-party providers.
According to Paramount, the international launch will begin as a beta program and will be gradually rolled out to all advertising and agency partners in early 2024.
Paramount brands include CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, and Pluto TV.