InMobi this month published a new study on Advertiser Perceptions revealing that brand advertisers are increasingly adopting performance KPIs (key performance indicators) for their mobile campaigns.
The study, which surveyed 150 senior marketer and agency executives, found that 40% of brand-focused advertisers emphasized app installs and driving sales of specific products through their mobile app. Additionally, 40% of performance advertisers want campaigns to also deliver brand awareness along with performance metrics, such as reach and frequency.
These findings suggest that the lines between brand and performance marketing are blurring, as advertisers seek to achieve both brand awareness and measurable results from their mobile campaigns.
This shift is being driven by a number of factors, including the increasing importance of mobile in the overall marketing mix, the growing sophistication of mobile ad formats, and the availability of more sophisticated data and measurement tools.
Key Takeaways from the Study
- Brand advertisers are increasingly adopting performance KPIs for their mobile campaigns.
- Mobile in-app video is a growing part of the video strategy for many brand advertisers.
- Identity-related challenges, such as AppTrackingTransparency and third-party cookie deprecation, are a top concern for advertisers.
- Advertisers are increasingly looking to partner with mobile-first experts for in-app advertising.
Implications for Advertisers
Advertisers should consider the following implications of these findings:
- Develop a clear understanding of your campaign goals and objectives. What do you want to achieve with your mobile campaign? Are you focused on brand awareness, app installs, or driving sales?
- Choose the right KPIs for your campaign goals. Don't just use the same KPIs for all of your campaigns. Make sure you are measuring what matters most to your specific goals.
- Use mobile-first ad formats. Mobile in-app ads offer a variety of formats that can be highly effective for both brand and performance marketing.
- Work with a mobile-first expert. A mobile-first expert can help you to develop and execute a mobile advertising strategy that is tailored to your specific needs and goals.