Meta today released Facebook Graph API v19.0 and Marketing API v19.0, bringing a number of new features and deprecations.
- Enabling Advantage Detailed Targeting for All Campaign Objectives and Optimizations: Facebook is expanding the availability of its Advantage Detailed Targeting product to all campaign objectives and optimizations. This means that advertisers can now use Advantage Detailed Targeting to improve the performance of their campaigns, regardless of the objective they are optimizing for.
- Marketing API new ads, ad sets and campaign using original objectives: Beginning with Marketing API v19.0, new ads, ad sets, and campaigns using original objectives (listed below) can no longer be created via ad copy. Ad objectives will need to be updated to reflect the new simplified objectives.
- Introducing Advantage+ audience API: Facebook is now releasing Advantage+ audience on the Marketing API. Advantage+ audience is a new and simplified audience creation experience that helps increase campaign performance by broadening the audience an ad will potentially be delivered to, while still delivering ads to the people advertisers want to reach most.
Deprecations & Breaking Changes
- Deprecating Facebook Groups API: The Facebook Groups API is deprecated in v19 and will be removed from all versions in 90 days. This deprecation includes all Permissions (publish_to_groups, groups_access_member_info) and Reviewable Features (Groups API) associated with the Facebook Groups API.
- Page Insights API changes - Metrics deprecation: As we migrate from Classic Pages to the new Page experience on Facebook, we will be deprecating a number of Page Insights API metrics. For more information see this link.
- API Version Deprecations:
- Graph API
- February 8, 2024: Graph API v12.0 will be deprecated and removed from the platform
- May 28, 2024: Graph API v13.0 will be deprecated and removed from the platform
- September 17, 2024: Graph API v14.0 will be deprecated and removed from the platform
- Marketing API
- February 06, 2024: Marketing API v16.0 will be deprecated and removed from the platform
- May 14, 2024: Marketing API v17.0 will be deprecated and removed from the platform
- Graph API
Meta Business SDK
- Meta Business SDK v19 Release: The Meta Business SDK v19 release will be published shortly after the release of Graph API v19. This release will include bug fixes, dependency upgrades, new features, and most importantly, an updated API interface to match Graph API v19.
- SDK Deprecations and Sunsets:
- February 2024: Facebook Platform SDK v12.0 or below will be sunset