Google yesterday announced that is moving the custom affinity and custom intent audiences into new Custom Audiences. Google says it is simplifying the audience solution in Google Ads. Audiences based on URLs or Apps to disappear.
Custom Audiences are available for all advertisers using Google Display Network, YouTube, and Discovery campaigns.
Custom intent or custom affinity audiences will automatically be migrated into custom audiences with no additional set-up needed:
- Custom affinity on all campaigns with keywords will become “People with any of these interests or purchase intentions”
- Custom intent audiences on Display campaigns with keywords will become “People with any of these interests or purchase intentions.”
- Custom intent audiences on YouTube, Gmail, and Discovery campaigns will become “People who searched for any of these terms on Google properties (such as Google.com and YouTube).”
The new options for Custom Audiences are:
- People with any of these interests or purchase intentions (keywords describing the ideal customer’s interests or products and services they are actively researching to buy).
- People who searched for any of these terms on Google (search terms the ideal customer is using on Google properties).