Twitter’s revenue totaled $841 million in the second quarter 2019

Twitter this week disclosed the financial results for its second quarter 2019. Revenue totaled $841 million, an increase of 18% year-over-year. Advertising revenue totaled $727 million, an increase of 21% year-over-year.

According to Twitter, the Total ad engagements increased 20% year-over-year, cost per engagement (CPE) was flat year-over-year, data licensing and other revenue totaled $114 million, an increase of 4% year-over-year, US revenue totaled $455 million, an increase of 24% year-over-year, international revenue totaled $386 million, an increase of 12% year-over-year, 

Average monetizable daily active usage (mDAU) was 139 million, compared to 122 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 134 million in the previous quarter. Average US mDAU was 29 million, compared to 26 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 28 million in the previous quarter. Average international mDAU was 110 million, compared to 96 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 105 million in the previous quarter.

Twitter increased the headcount in 20% to 4,300 employees. Twitter expects that in Q3 the total revenue to be between $815 million and $875 million.

The financial results of the second quarter 2019 sent the stock up to 10%, last Friday: