Smartly.io last month shared the conclusions of a research concluding 50 percent of retail advertisers are planning to spend at least half of their annual marketing budget on social media advertising.
Smartly.io’s research revealed that 52 percent of retail marketers will spend more on social advertising than they did in 2019.
The study was conducted by WBR Insights, and commissioned by Smartly.io. Smartly.io is a social media advertising automation platform.
Facebook is where advertisers are focused, with 96 percent adoption. Instagram comes next with 59 percent adoption, and then Twitter with 75 percent.
Additional findings from the study:
- 29 percent of retail marketers noted Instagram is the social network where they spend the most on social ads;
- Nearly half (48 percent) feel their performance marketing and creative teams do not collaborate effectively in all stages of the marketing process;
- 61 percent say that their creative production and ad delivery involves manual processes that are often time-consuming;
- 47 percent of retail marketers plan to increase their use of dynamic ads on social media;
- 39 percent predict they will manage social advertising in-house;
- 35 percent feel that their KPIs will change from how they were measured in 2019.