Google Ads Settings (adsettings) is a tool that allows users to control the ads they see on Google and other Google-owned properties. Users can use Ads Settings to turn off ad personalization, select interest categories, and manage their ad activity.
Users can use Ads Settings to:
- Turn off ad personalization: Ad personalization is a feature that allows Google to show users ads that are more relevant to their interests. Users can turn off ad personalization by going to the Ads Settings page and clicking on the "Turn off ad personalization" toggle.
- Select interest categories: Google uses interest categories to show users ads that are relevant to their interests. Users can select or deselect interest categories by going to the Ads Settings page and clicking on the "Manage your interest categories" link.
- Manage ad activity: Ad activity is a record of the ads that Google has shown you. Users can view their ad activity by going to the Ads Settings page and clicking on the "Manage your ad activity" link. Users can also clear their ad activity by clicking on the "Clear your ad activity" button.
How to access Google Ads Settings
To access Google Ads Settings, users can go to the following URL: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated
What are the benefits of using Google Ads Settings?
There are several benefits to using Google Ads Settings. These benefits include:
- More relevant ads: By turning off ad personalization, users can see ads that are more relevant to their interests.
- More control over your data: By selecting interest categories, users can control the information that Google uses to show them ads.
- More privacy: By clearing your ad activity, users can delete their ad history.
Google Ads Settings allows users to limit or turn off ads from certain categories that they may find sensitive or irrelevant. These categories include:
- Alcohol: Users can choose to see fewer ads for alcohol products, such as beer, wine, and spirits.
- Dating: Users can choose to see fewer ads for dating services and websites.
- Gambling: Users can choose to see fewer ads for gambling products and services, such as casinos, sports betting, and lotteries.
- Parenting: Users can choose to see fewer ads for parenting products and services, such as diapers, baby formula, and strollers.
- Pregnancy: Users can choose to see fewer ads for pregnancy products and services, such as maternity clothes, prenatal vitamins, and ultrasound clinics.
- Weight loss: Users can choose to see fewer ads for weight loss products and services, such as diet pills, exercise programs, and weight loss surgery.
It's important to note that limiting ads in these categories doesn't guarantee that you won't see any ads from these categories altogether. It simply means that Google will try to show you fewer ads from these categories.
In addition to these sensitive categories, users can also control the types of ads they see based on their Google activity, such as their web browsing history or their YouTube watch history. They can also manage their interest categories, which are used to show them ads that are relevant to their interests.